Tuesday 12 April 2016

Day 12. April Poetry Challenge

Remind me

Sourced from www.vizz.co via Google image search
When this war is over
And this hiss?
Ceases to slip the side of your mouth
Remind me to
ask why it started

Sourced from cometshockey.ca via Google image search
When this silence ends
And you need to talk?
About those things that darkens your thought
Remind me to ask how we got here

When this attitude subsides
And this lurking anger?
Maybe sneak away into the walls and buried
Remind me to ask why I should forgive you

Sourced from Gutenberg.org via Google image search
When you have long forgotten
This that you did?
Reminding me the pains I work my heart to bury
Remind me to ask if you ever thought of my feelings


When you would smile
And I ignore?
And you tell the world of my bad manners
Remind me to ask when last you make good use of yours.

Sourced from gfjministry.com via Google image search
When you bend your knees
To pray?
For yourself now, not me
Remind yourself to pray not to suffer my fate nor she who you mock.

1 comment: