Wednesday 9 March 2016

DAY 3: EMBARRASSING FIRST


Embarrassing moments are those moments no one would ever want to talk about most especially, when doing a particular thing
for the first time and getting it terribly wrong. It could be so hard to deal with, for everybody cutting across all ages. Often times, a reminder of it could do many things to us like leaving bile in our mouths, making bellies churn or still, place a lump right there in our throats that all we could do is just choke.

So, what's that thing you did for the first time and you wished you never did and at the memory of it, you just want to run and hide your face?

I could still hear my teacher then in JSS 3 saying
"Oh you just changed to a new brand of tooth paste and want to show off? But your mouth still stink maybe you should try an entirely different brand"
It was my first time of seeking permission to step out for some minutes to ease myself. OMG! I could still taste that bile filling my mouth just remembering it. There was a wild roaring laughter from the whole class which sounded pre-planned to me. I stepped backward and ran outside breathing into my palms over hundreds of times. But I did brush that morning so I sought my friend and asked her if my breath was awful but she said NO. I didn't believe her though, thought she was making me feel good so? I walked back to my class trying not to anticipate his next words.

"Hey come here, you're taking it personal ehh? You've never said a word in this class and now that you needed permission to ease yourself, you were just murmuring under your breath so I felt talking to you that way may actually get you enraged so you could just talk, like explain"

I stared at him and I knew if my pictures had been taken then it would have shown my eyes popping out my head. What a way for a teacher to get his student to talk!

I bet I couldn't hear every other thing he said that day because I was busy going through the hundreds rehearsals I did in my head before I walked up to him. Then I realised, he actually did have a smelly breath.

Years later, we just had a new physics teacher and he said
"I love to have an interactive class so please no quiet person allowed. Don't shut your mouth for too long cos it would smell when you finally talk"

And I wondered if that was a physics new law and  I disliked him for making me remember that first time seeking permission to leave for some minutes.
Till today, I rarely take permission, I would rather hold in whatever pressure and wait till the class is over. Who knows maybe this time, I would hear something more awful.

It was really embarrassing and I bet its a first time I would never want to remember nor in the slightest, talk about.  But then, I ain't just talking about it but sharing it to the world.
So? Feel free to share yours. Either good or bad, memories are memories. . You can't spell it other way round to distinguish between the two just to punish bad memories for being bad therefore spelling it horribly.
Happy letting out that awful moment today so it don't just count no more.
Have a wonderful day @ you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment