Sunday 20 March 2016

Typical Sunday

I could remember some years back when I was way younger and look forward to every Sunday. Pardon me, it's not just the Sunday school, special number nor
the "praise the Lord somebody, I want to thank God for The life of my daddy, mummy, sister and brothers, my friends and everybody because we are alive today to be here"- Testimony.

Neither is it just about the great dance I always have during "offerring time! Blessing time!". It is also about the catfish pepper soup that awaits my siblings and I topped with 7-up as well as the cone of ice creams we are entitled to on our way home. With time, we outgrew this treatment and got white rice with chicken stew instead. Although, I had to pick all the meat pieces from my teeth the next morning, thanks to the holes in my teeth though, but that was my typical Sunday then.


That aside, it is another day when I put on natives and ignore all the corporates imposed on me by school and parents. How Sunday makes me happy!
That was my typical Sunday then but now? My typical Sunday would be morning mass. I call it my "reflection day", when I reflect on all I had done during the week, pen down what I need to change in me and what I need to add, in short, it's evaluation for me including home works or blog posts against the new week. I wash clothes and tidy up against Monday. Ooh Monday, do you really have to come so fast?

So what's your typical Sunday like? What makes your Sunday worth looking forward to? What's that which makes Sunday so special to you?


4 comments:

  1. Well,my typical sunday is a good dance in church,listen to inspiring songs and spiritual messages. I remember I always enjoyed choir presentations, I eyes are always glued to the band,ohh God,this guys plays the drum set so bad(so good).I sometimes stop dancing and just watch. After every Sundays service is a good rest and planning for the week. For me,I am always expectant if the weeks achievement and thanking God on another Sunday service. I now have time to get on social media in the evenings,maybe post some nice pictures. Sundays rest are mostly short.God bless everyone today and always. #palm sunday#

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sunday used to be about fulfilling all righteousness but as i grew older i realized it was a day of special reflection and re-evaluation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunday rice always taste different..sweeter..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing what your typical Sunday is like. I look forward to hearing more. Happy palm sunday

    ReplyDelete