Sunday 13 March 2016

TALENT HUNT OR FUND RAISING?

I was invited to Kada Cinema yesterday to witness the grand finale of PUSH, SEASON 3, a gospel singing competition in which the cinema 4 was used. Although, I never thought I would enjoy it and infact used the rain
as an excuse till i decided going wouldnt hurt but seriously? Who wouldn't be moved watching people do their thing with Grace, passion and in-born connection with what they know how to do best.

I wouldn't say much of the contestant 001 and attribute her imbalance and stiffness to nervousness and maybe fear of facing a great crowd. Right there in my head, I had divided the various participants into groups and after their performance I would place them in a group. Some contestants wouldn't be mentioned because seriously, they didn't move me. I Am Sorry to say but it was just there but still they made it to the grand finale and I appreciate them for it.

The contestants 005 Dorcas and 011 Omoye, I would call rock-stars. OMG. They could pull the crowd not just fine but amazingly perfect. It was glorious. There was a way they sang that you wouldn't want them to stop till everyone was on their feet and screaming. They really entertained and that made them "entertainers".

Then, contestants 002 Ruthney, 007, Amanda, 009 Ese, 010 Jessica O. were singers. They got the pitch, the note and followed the beat so easily that i truly believed they owned the stage. They brought tears to my eyes. How could people be this talented? Enjoy their passions and find solace in them. It amazes me. They stood out, coupled with their dressing.
But something struck me more, that 007 Amanda was just 9years old but you only need to hear her sing. OMG. The voice? I cant believe it. It was super too big to fathom for her body, she commanded that voice like she'd be singing for over 20 years. She owned the stage, she performed, she entertained, she did it all. She was more than a singer that I realised she was above all the categories I had made in my head. No stage fright for the young lady too. She was confident and the ooze the aura "this is my thing, you just sit , relax and watch. I got this".

I know it ain't right to judge from a perspective but I felt cheated when none of these singers made it except Ese 009 who came 3rd place.

Anyway, everyone was expected to cast a vote of 100 naira but you could vote as much as you want. Meaning if i have to vote for a contestant, I can drop a hundred thousand naira and say 100 votes for that person, please what does it say to you all? I don't want to be the judge of it all. Is it really a talent hunt or fund raising?

Anyways that aside, what's that talent you got and hiding? Why not show it, let the world know you exist and you think you don't have one? All it takes is to search deep and evaluate all what you do that makes you happy, makes others happy among others. It may not be any form of art, it may just be how you talk and act to people around you, you just keep doing it.


It's a new week, do something new. Challenge yourself. Don't wait for something to happen to you before you move, move yourself so awesome things would happen to you.
Happy Monday and Good morning from JETMOGAH.

No comments:

Post a Comment