Monday 21 March 2016

Life After School

I could still remember when I was in school and all that was on my mind was just to graduate, then I never really thought about life after school but I really did think I did. All my thoughts of after school were
so novel that it depended on many factors I never knew existed.
But then, I do tell my younger colleagues and friends that are still within that four walls  to maximise their time, enjoy it while it lasted and above all, save!


Believe me, no body would want to send you allowances once you graduate and you have nobody to blame. While some may learn new skills before the NYSC or get some menial jobs, some would totally not be opportuned (like me in this case). By the time, you ask for money to get littlest of things you would have gotten yourself while in school,depression sets in as well as feeling of helplessness. And I bet that's not what you want for your few months at home before NYSC.  That is why I have put this up for those still in school, it's never too late to start saving.

The art is not in making money, but in keeping it. -Proverb


For instance, I did a mental calculation of keeping #10 per day  which would give over #15,000 for a period of about 5years. I decided to use this least amount beside no matter how small, it would actually stand those months before NYSC. 
If #10 is too small, you may increase yours to #50 to #100 but never above for easy follow up.

Another thing is you may not want to do per day, you may opt for per week or monthly.
But for the monthly, save just 10% of your allowance because over-tasking yourself breeds inconsistence and that's what we don't want.

Take note. No matter what You do, don't take from this money.

You must gain control over your money or the lack of it will forever control you. -Dave Ramsey

Put on the savings spirit and start now.
No procrastination.
Have a wonderful new week.

5 comments: